Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fog City

On this day 36 years ago, Christine and I were wed. What can I say, where did the time go? It is difficult to wrap my mind around all that's transpired. So many memories, great and less than great, so many changes, changes that reminded me, sometimes shockingly, that complacency wouldn't work. I'd arrive at a comfort zone, and naively think, I got it, and it would last forever. Change and adjustment. This thrust and perry through life was labeled maturity, but I still can't put my finger on it. I think it can be defined a bit more glumly as old age. Only the changes continue, slightly more excruciating because of the added effort. But the rewards are truly graceful. Three sons, who keep me laughing and crying, and living as an emotional human. They have provided me with the concrete foundation to weather any and all oncoming storms. For this I'm ever so grateful. This journey Christine and I have been treading, one of resoluteness, has been tempered with love. A loving family, hey not so bad!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Congratulations on 36 years. That's quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a magical day - tomorrow we celebrate Ramsey's 35th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cousin Matt in IllinoisOctober 11, 2011 at 6:50 PM

    Happy Anniversary to you and Christine!!!

    You are a fine wordsmith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are pretty good at this! Happy Anniversary! Such a beautiful description of Love, Marriage and Family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and nice pic too! I made the first comment. but didn't know how to sign in correctly! lol!

    ReplyDelete